Second Church of Dorchester
A Church of the Nazarene
1805 Federal Style Meeting House occupying a prominent site in Codman Square in Dorchester. The church property includes a series of additions which date from 1869. Mills Whitaker Architects has provided the following services:
- 1998 Rehabilitation Assessment Report – funded with matching grant from Historic Boston Incorporated Steeples Project.
- 1999 Urgent Repairs – developed work scope for repairs to exterior building envelope and assisted with construction phase administration.
- 2003 Sanctuary Wall Preservation – developed construction documents and grant application for repair and restoration of the timber frame walls and stone foundation of the sanctuary.
- 2004 Food Pantry Expansion – assisted with expansion and relocation of food pantry for Haitian congregation’s compassionate ministry program.
- 2006 Rooﬁng Replacement – provided technical assistance with re-rooﬁng of the Sanctuary and Chapel portions of the facility under a matching grant from Historic Boston Incorporated.
M I L L S W H I T A K E R A R C H I T E C T S