Dorchester Temple Baptist Church
1889 Historic Structure designed by Arthur Vinal who also served as City Architect for Boston. Mills Whitaker Architects has provided the following services:
- 1996 Rehabilitation Assessment Report – funded with matching grant from Historic Boston Incorporated Steeples Project.
- Grant Applications for Massachusetts Preservation Projects Fund Rounds III, IV & V – received $150,000 in matching grant funding for renovations.
- Phase One Restoration & Repairs – $520,000 MHC & HBI grant-funded project which included masonry repairs, rooﬁng repairs & replacement (asphalt shingles, copper ﬂashing, wood gutters, rubber membrane) bird prooﬁng and stained glass window restoration. Separate competitive bids were received from general contractors and from stained glass studios for the two major components of the work.
- Phase Two – planning for porch restoration, site reconﬁguration and accessibility improvements have been provided in anticipation of a future project.
- 2001 Feasibility Study for expansion of Bruce Wall Ministries after-school program.
M I L L S W H I T A K E R A R C H I T E C T S